Monday, January 26, 2009

Cell

Today in school I had a chance to read about 60 pages of the book due to the fact that there was only about 200 of us there. (us meaning the students who didn’t get a day off for selling raffle tickets.) In these sixty pages I fell in love with Cell. I couldn’t put it down. The characters and the plot, which I absolutely love (it now seems like a zombie spinoff novel—I love zombie novels/movies/etc.) 4.5/5. Everything is explained more in detail, and the story is super fun.

There’s a fifteen year old girl (Alice) with an AK, and a twelve year old boy (Jordan) with a semi-automatic pistol. This story really bring a zombie apocalypse into perspective; because real people have to suffer, fight, and conquer their world from these zombies, and not super agile-grease-monkeys with torpedoes strapped to their asses.

I’m about at the halfway point, and I’m hoping to have it done before the weekend, so I can move unto the five novels I purchased at the Waldenbooks closeout sale. =D

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, Cell is a good one, I'm a big Stephen King fan so its no surprise it showed up on my desk the day after it came out thanks to my mother. I think my favorite is The Stand, it's a long read, but definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the Stand; I've just recently entered the realm of King, haha.

    ReplyDelete