Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tomato, garlic, onions, and pasta, from scratch…

So today I decided to stay home from school on the account of my back… yes, you heard it right. I feel sixty-five at the moment; when I was picking up my backpack something must have moved or I might have pulled a muscle because it hurts when I move my head up or down. Yes, sixty-five would be a great way to describe this feeling. (No offense to those sixty-five year old bloggers.)

Well as I was staying home school, bored out of my mind and watching reruns on TBS, I decided to pull together what I had at home:

  • half an onion, slicedDSCN2087
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, mincedDSCN2088
  • 1 can of your favorite tomatoes. (Fresh wood work much better I think) 
DSCN2089
  • A fist full of pecans… just enough to taste them later…
  • Two leaves of basil
  • Two or three table spoons of olive oil
  • Half a cup of green onions.
  • Pepper/salt to taste
  • Half a pound of your favorite pasta

All these ingredients come out to this wonderfully light and quite tasty dish: 

DSCN2093

The procedure for this recipe (which I made on the spoof) is of the utmost simplicity. Heat up some oil, throw in the garlic, then the onions. Cook them till they’re soft. Then come come the green onions, basil, cook for about ten minutes. Throw in your tomatoes, pecans and cook them until they’re warm. Add the cooked pasta, and stir until it’s all cooked through. (You might want to keep a cup or so of the pasta water to add to the sauce incase there’s not enough to go around.)

And that’s it. Twenty to thirty minutes and you have a wonderful pasta dish. Keep it vegetarian or serve it with your favorite meat on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment